Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wisdom is a person (part 4)

So I mentioned in my previous post that Jesus is our wisdom. Let me elaborate on this...

This is what Paul said on the importance of knowing Christ for him. My prayer is that we will be in full agreement, not just in thought, but in feeling, conviction, and in every sense of the word.

Philippians 3:8-15  Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith-- that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead. 
Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you.
 
Let me dwell on this. Oh that I may know Jesus. My Wisdom. The One who puts all my broken pieces together again. The One who accepts what the world had rejected. The One who understands even what I don't understand in myself. The eternal eye that sees deeper than any other eye. That Jesus I want to know. The One who knows me... My every thought. My every hurt. My every weakness. My every overt or covert rebellion. My fickleness, my frailty. And still loves me.

And the power of His resurrection. He died. I must die too, to lots of things. But there is power in Him. Because His resurrection gives me hope of a new life. When I surrender in brokenness, His healing power works in me. Renewing my thoughts, my desires. I can live a new life because the power of the Holy Spirit, which worked on Jesus to resurrect His body, is also working in me. Bringing me back to spiritual life. A life that's full of hope and joy. His wisdom growing in me... His teachings correcting me, guiding me to all truth. Not that I will really get there within this mortal body. But just to walk in that direction, and discover increasing little glimpses of glory, that makes my heart beat faster!
I was planning to write one or two entries... But haven't finished yet. Abide with me for one final thought.


dom.

3 comments:

  1. Just passed these thoughts to my sons: we are not converted to perfection...but to an ongoing work of perfection. That's why Jesus is our High Priest...our advocate!!
    Love this, Cari... waiting for the conclusion

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're exactly right! And the enemy of our souls keeps whispering accusations in our ears. That we're failures and good-for-nothings.
    But praise the L-rd that in Him there is now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus.
    He is not only our wisdom, but our redemption and righteousness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    I have visited your blog and enjoyed it very much. It has a great inspiration.

    Would you like to visit my weblog which I created in Nov 2010?

    My wife and I are Iranian and live in the UK. We love Jesus and our weblog is mostly about our Lord. Since we are Iranian we have added some Persian topics to the weblog, but you can read and watch English ones.

    Our weblog is http://creation-to-eternity.blogspot.com

    God Bless,

    Shapour.

    ReplyDelete